HOUSING AUTHORITY OF MYRTLE BEACH
605 10th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
The Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach (MBHA) began in 1986. The Mission of MBHA is to assist low-income families with decent, safe, sanitary and affordable housing opportunities as they strive to achieve Self-Sufficiency and improve the quality of their lives. MBHA creates and maintains partnerships with its clients, landlords and community agencies in order to accomplish this mission.
Currently MBHA administers the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV), a Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS), a Homeownership Program, and homeless programs such as Continuum of Care – Supportive Housing Programs. MBHA has 54 project based HCV vouchers for homeless families at Alliance Inn.
As a public service agency, MBHA is committed to providing excellent service to all program participants – families and owners – in the community. MBHA standards include:
- Administer applicable federal and state laws and regulations to achieve high ratings in compliance measurement indicators while maintaining efficiency in program operation to ensure fair and consistent treatment of clients served.
- Provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing – in compliance with program housing quality standards – for very low-income families while ensuring that family rents are fair, reasonable and affordable.
- Encourage self-sufficiency of participant families and assist in the expansion of family opportunities, which address educational, socio-economic, recreational and other human services needs.
- Promote fair housing and the opportunity for very low-income families of all race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and familial status to experience freedom of housing choice.
- Promote a housing program which maintains quality service and integrity while providing an incentive to private property owners to rent to very low-income families.
- Promote a market-driven housing program that will help qualified low-income families be successful in obtaining affordable housing and increase the supply of housing choices for such families.
- Create positive public awareness and expand the level of family, owner and community support in accomplishing MBHA’s mission.
- Attain and maintain a high level of standards and professionalism in day-to-day management of all program components.
- Administer an efficient, high-performing agency through continuous improvement of MBHA’s support systems and commitment to our employees and their development.
MBHA will make every effort to keep program participants informed of HCV program rules and regulations, and to advise participants of how the program rules affect them.