Housing Choice Voucher
The waiting list for the Housing Choice Voucher program at the Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach is closed.
The Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach is announcing that pre-applications for a lottery for the Housing Choice Voucher is now closed.
Pre-applications for the lottery were accepted on Monday, September 14, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. and the lottery closed on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
MBHA will take all of the pre-applications and randomly select 1,000 pre-applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Waiting list.
A few points:
- It will be a simple pre-application
- It does not matter when you apply for the lottery – the computer will randomly select 1,000 applicants from the lottery pool.
- HCV Program participants must be a citizen or have eligible immigration status of the United States.
- Only one pre-application will be accepted per person.
- No income verification is required to apply.
- No paper pre-applications or faxes will be accepted.
- You do not need to apply at the MBHA – use any computer with internet connection during the lottery period to apply!
- Residency in Horry County is not required to apply. (Vouchers can only be used in MBHA Service Area/Eastern Horry County, SC.)
- There is no fee to apply – applicants should not be scammed by people who say they can apply for a fee!
If a person/family is selected to be in the list of 1,000 applications, they will be notified by email or letter from the MBHA. If a person/family is not chosen in the lottery selection no notice will be sent.
There is no need to create long lines at our offices when any computer can be used to apply for the lottery. Computers/assistance for completing a pre-application will be available at a variety of locations and we will provide additional locations as they come available.
Once a person submits a pre-application for the lottery, they will immediately receive confirmation that their pre-application has been accepted.
For more information please see the Housing Choice Voucher Fact Sheet.
If you are on the waiting list, you may check your status by coming into the office at 605 10th Ave. North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, or calling 843-918-1525. You will need to verify your identity before we can supply any information. Click here for directions to Housing Authority of Myrtle Beach office.
We make all contacts about the waiting list by mail. Please make sure MBHA has your current mailing address. Updates to your application must be made in writing. Contact MBHA by hand delivering changes to our office, by mail, fax, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . No changes will be made by phone.
Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH)
VASH waiting list is OPEN and administered by the Veterans Administration.
For more information contact:
- Susan Lane –