We are all monitoring Hurricane Irma closely. It is still too soon to determine the direct impact of the hurricane but we would like everyone to begin the appropriate precautions within the upcoming days. Hurricane season is always a time to be careful because there is never any guarantee that the storms will not affect us. Please use this guide to prepare yourself and your families for whatever may come. Secure your homes and personal property to the best of your ability. Also remember to store patio and yard items as well to minimize any damage.
Horry County Preparedness tips and actions include:
- Review insurance policies
- Take pictures or videotape the inside and outside of the home to include personal belongings
- Put copies of important documents in a safe place, preferably a waterproof container
- Fill prescriptions that might be needed and stock up on any necessary medical supplies
- Listen to the radio or television for hurricane updates and public safety information
- Keep the fuel tank as full as possible
- Have enough cash for a few days because ATM’s may not work during power outages and stores might not be able to take debit and credit cards
- Make plans now, where will you go and who should know where you’ve gone.